Friday, August 22, 2008

Daughter Like Mother

Well, where do I begin last night my mom calls me around 5:00pm and says your dad and I are on this catering at this park by your house why don't you come on over. (For those that don't know my family owns a catering company Meier's Catering). So I was thinking oh good I won't have to fix dinner that will be easy enough not to have to come up with a idea to feed Morgan. So I show up at the catering say hi to my mom and dad help take the plastic wrap off, get the hot food out because they were just getting ready to serve. I was earning my keep that I soon was going to eat after everyone had gone through the line. It wasn't for very many people so while they were going to go through the line I decided that I was going to take Morgan over to the swings and slide.
Morgan and I had been over by the playground for about 10 minutes or so and I happened to look over at the catering to see how many more people needed to go through the line so I could then feed Morgan and myself. There was just a few more people going thought the line. I was just about to get Morgan and I was walking around this wooden bridge that is just part of the playground structure. Morgan had just gone down this slide it wasn't a very big slide. It was like made for kids her age or so. Well she stood up and she is at the stage where she is walking, but she doesn't quite have the balance well then a new mother's worst fear happen she lost her balance and hit her face first right into the wooden bridge. I ran over to her and picked your up and she just had blood coming out of her mouth. I saw that she had this cut on her lip that wasn't bleeding too bad and I couldn't figure out where else was this blood coming from. I tilted her head back and I saw in her mouth that one of her tooth got shoved up into her gums. (Now I say in my title daughter like mother well for those that don't know I knocked my front teeth out when I was at Ricks College on a date, but that is another story most of you know so we won't go into that, but those that don't you can ask me later.) Continuing on...
I brought Morgan over to our stuff and I get my wipes out there is blood every where all over her shirt all over me and I'm sorry I handle the situation fine, but some lady just sat on this bench and watched me clean up my child. I think it would have been nice if she offered to help at least I would have anyways that is beside the point. (I was just venting). because I felt so bad for my child.
Morgan stopped crying I started to walk over to my mom and dad and Morgan wanted to go back to the playground because she was pointing and grunting. Apparently her little accident didn't phase her. I showed my dad and he was like eh! I was like what should I do. Should I take her to the doctors and my dad said yeah I would. He also said don't show her mother she will scream. I showed her she didn't scream, but she felt bad too.
Ok so to make a long story short I took her to the after hours urgent care(which isn't urgent, but I knew that at this places.) to have a doctor look at her to make sure everything was ok. Morgan was fine the whole time while we were waiting. She was just being herself very friendly so she would say hi to everyone that walked pass her. So I guess she was the urgent cares welcoming committee to the sick people. Keep in mind she has blood all over her Minnie Mouse shirt so people probably thought I beat her or something.
After a hour and a half of waiting which I knew what the doctor was going to say go see a dentist,but we got a prescription for in case of infection. I ran to Walmart to see if they would fill the prescription because they stop at a certain time before they close. I told the lady at the counter I had just come from an urgent care and to see if they would fill it they did. It was 9:30pm Morgan and I still hadn't eaten anything she was starving I was starving. I took her home found the fastest thing I could give her. I thought she would be bother by her mouth while she was eating nope. I gave her medicine and put her to bed because she was ready for it. Next time I think I'm just going to stay home. The sad thing was the whole purpose going over to the park was well to see my parents and to eat dinner. I think was more traumatized by the whole thing then Morgan was.
I was able to look at it today for two seconds because she won't let me come near her mouth which I don't blame her. I could see the tooth is moved, but not as nearly as bad as it appeared when I first looked at it. Her gums around the tooth is what is mostly injured. Doctor told me that if her tooth is injured it may turn brown like mine did. Fortunately for her Morgan's tooth is a baby one that hadn't come in all the way so eventually when she gets older it will fall out.
I need to get her a helmet and a mouth guard!!!

5 comments:

Heather Ridge said...

Oh, poor Morgan!! You better watch the munchkin, if she is accident prone like someone else I know she could end up with no teeth. How young is too young to need a Root Canal? So did you take her to the dentist? I hope he little tooth is okay, at least it isn't her permanent teeth.

John-David and Kathryn said...

Why am I not surprised. please invest in a mouth guard and a helmet for little Morgan.

Annie Gedge said...

Oh Crap if she is starting this at two what are you going to do when she does go to college! I can't wait to hear her freak accident story while on a date!

Karmann said...

Oh I feel so bad for morgan, but it is what it is, the apple doesnt fall to far from the tree!! I love it! My fondest memories of you were in the helmet!! Love you!

Wendi said...

You know I am busting up!! Not because of this experience, but because I am recalling your tooth accident and I can't control the laughter. What a date!I miss you. You playing on Tuesday's? If so, find me, eh?